IOP’s are typically effective in treating individuals on an outpatient basis if you’ve attended an inpatient or residential treatment facility preciously.
If you can benefit from structured mental health programs in Atlanta, and have other responsibilities, but don’t need full days of treatment or round-the-clock supervision, our Intensive Outpatient Programs may be the ideal place for you.
You are not alone. You deserve to get help.
Peachtree Wellness is an industry leader in mental health treatment. Our team of top medical experts specialize in dual diagnosis treatment and are committed to ensuring that each patient is treated as an individual. Call us today, we’re available 24/7.
What is an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for Mental HEalth?
Intensive outpatient programs, or IOP programs, are mental health treatment options that balance structured clinical care with ample opportunities for independent living.
When you receive care at the IOP level, you may participate in a minimum of nine hours of treatment per week. When treatment is not in session, you are not required to remain at the center, and most clients either live in a supportive housing environment or at home.
Mental health treatment sessions at our IOP programs in Atlanta, Georgia feature multiple forms of therapy. All of which are provided by experienced professionals. Some people step down to our IOP after they’ve completed a higher level of care. However, others enter and exit treatment at the IOP level.
Some people participate in outpatient mental health programming for a small number of sessions. However, others remain in treatment for an extended period of time. There is no standard timeframe for our IOP in Georgia. Decisions to end or continue treatment should be based solely on what’s best for you.
Tour Our Intensive Outpatient Program in Atlanta
What to Expect at Our Intensive Outpatient Program in Atlanta
Change can be difficult. This is true even when you know that the change is going to have a beneficial impact on your life. We understand that deciding to enter an intensive outpatient program isn’t always an easy choice. However, we want to do all we can to ease any stress you may be feeling.
Knowing what to expect when you enter our mental health IOP in Atlanta can help you begin treatment with a sense of confidence.
At Peachtree Wellness, your first session may include an assessment of the concerns that prompted you to get treatment. Then our team can determine the type or types of services that may be most beneficial for you. Additionally, this may also be the time when you establish a schedule for future sessions.
Here’s a quick preview of what you can expect in the Peachtree Wellness Solutions IOP:
- Welcoming environment: When you begin treatment in our IOP, you join a healing community that is dedicated to helping you achieve your goals. We work diligently to make sure our IOP remains a safe, welcoming, and supportive place for all.
- Compassionate professionals: The dedicated experts who provide care in our IOP are committed to providing person-focused services with dignity and respect. The members of your treatment team will take the time to get to know you as a person, so they can be sure you’re receiving the services and support you need.
- Quality care: Clinical excellence is a hallmark of treatment in the Peachtree Wellness Solutions IOP. Your treatment plan will incorporate a variety of evidence-supported therapies. We employ both time-tested techniques and emerging research-based methods.
Also, before you transition out of our mental health IOP in Atlanta, we’ll provide you with an aftercare plan. We want to be sure you’re connected with the community-based resources that can support your continued progress.
Benefits of IOP Programs in Atlanta
Quality service, flexible scheduling, and increased independence are the top benefits of receiving care through our Atlanta Intensive Outpatient programs.
When you choose our IOP, you can rest assured that you will receive superior care from a team of skilled professionals. These experts will encourage you to work in active collaboration with them. Therefore, you can take ownership of your health and recovery.
Our IOP schedule is ideal for people who are taking classes, working part-time, and meeting other responsibilities. When treatment is in session, you’ll benefit from premier services within a safe and welcoming environment. During non-treatment hours, you can fully engage in a healthy and productive independent lifestyle.
When you’re in school, at work, or interacting with friends and family, you can practice the skills and strategies you learned during previous IOP sessions. Then, during future sessions, you can process your successes and setbacks. IOP sessions are safe forums where you can receive personalized guidance and focused feedback.
Who is An Intensive Outpatient Program For?
At Peachtree Wellness Solutions, we make admissions decisions on a case-by-case basis. We closely review each prospective patient’s history, mental health treatment needs, and other relevant information. We do this to make sure that our IOP programs in Atlanta are the best place for them.
In general, though, our Intensive Outpatient Program serves people who meet one of the following criteria:
- Have completed residential care or a partial hospitalization program and need step-down support. This is to help them make a successful transition out of treatment.
- Need more intensive services than they can get via traditional outpatient therapy or counseling, but don’t require full days of treatment or round-the-clock care.
- Have periods of depression but are generally safe and not a harm to themselves or others
- Have difficulties coping with grief or loss
- Problems with concentration or focus
- Excessive fear, worry, or anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Becoming angrier or more irritable
- Dramatic changes in mood or energy level
- Diminished capacity for joy or hope for the future
How Does IOP in Atlanta Help Mental Health?
At Peachtree Wellness Solutions, our Intensive Outpatient Program in Atlanta helps individuals learn how to effectively manage and cope with their presenting mental health disorders.
IOP helps our clients find a community of like-minded individuals who are going through the same struggles. Oftentimes, mental health disorders thrive in isolation. Finding community and connection in group therapy can help individuals find support, and stay on the path of recovery. Developing a support system in order to find long-term recovery is key.
How Can IOP Help Treat Depression?
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) offer an effective and multifaceted approach to treating depression, combining the benefits of structured therapy, skill development, and a supportive community. In these programs, individuals engage in regular therapy sessions, both individually and in groups, which provide a blend of emotional support, coping strategies, and a deeper understanding of their condition. IOPs often incorporate evidence-based practices like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which help individuals reframe negative thought patterns and behaviors that contribute to depression.
How Can IOP Help Treat Anxiety?
IOPs often include sessions on stress management, relaxation techniques, and mindfulness practices, and holistic therapy. These skills are crucial in helping individuals learn how to calm their minds and bodies, reducing the physical and psychological symptoms of anxiety.
How Can IOP Help Treat Dual Diagnosis Disorders?
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) are particularly effective for treating dual diagnosis disorders, where an individual struggles with both a mental health condition and substance abuse. In IOP, the integrated treatment approach addresses both disorders simultaneously, recognizing that they are often interrelated and can impact one another. This holistic approach typically includes a combination of individual therapy, group counseling, and psychiatric care, tailored to address the specific complexities of dual diagnosis.
Services Offered at Our IOP Programs for Mental Health in Atlanta
Depending on their specific needs, patients who receive care through our IOP may participate in one or more of the following services:
- Biosound therapy: This form of therapy incorporates vibrations and sounds to ease certain mental health symptoms.
- Neurofeedback therapy: Neurofeedback therapy uses a noninvasive device to measure your brain waves. Your therapist can show you how to use this information to take greater control of your feelings and thoughts.
- Red light therapy: If you have been struggling with anxiety, depression, or certain other health conditions, exposure to red or near infrared light during red light therapy sessions may ease your symptoms.
- EMDR therapy: This dynamic approach has a documented history of helping people whose lives have been impacted by posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It also helps with other effects of trauma as well.
- Spravato treatment: People who have depression, but whose symptoms have not improved after receiving other types of care, may benefit from the prescription medication that is included in Spravato treatment.
- Medication-assisted treatment: Also referred to as MAT, this service helps people end their use of alcohol, opioids, and other drugs.
- Genetic testing: Certain genetic tests can help medical professionals assess how a person may benefit from various prescription medications that are often incorporated into mental health treatment.
- Psychiatry: Our Psychiatry in Atlanta helps assess mental and physical conditions related to mental health disorders.
Before you begin any new type of therapy or treatment activity, a member of our staff will explain the procedure to you and answer all your questions.
Begin Mental Health Treatment in Our Intensive Outpatient Program in Atlanta, GA
The Peachtree Wellness Solutions IOP programs in Atlanta offer premier mental health treatment in a convenient location. If you or someone you care about has developed symptoms of anxiety, depression, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or another mental health concern, reach out to us today. Our IOP team is here for you. Learn more about our admissions process today.
If You are in need of immediate assistance...
Don’t hesitate to contact us immediately. In the case of a medical emergency please contact 911 or visit your local emergency department.
We Work With Most Insurance
Most major health insurance plans with out-of-network benefits can cover the costs associated with our program. Find out your coverage options right now.